CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Hunting Accidents

In the area near where I live, there has been a report of the first hunting fatalities. On Nov. 10 a man in Richmond, VA was accidentaly shot while hunting. Come on now. Someone explain this to me. My father, uncles, brother and husband all hunt Whitetail Deer. Me, I am interested in big game, Mule Deer, Elk, Bear, ect... Now being around hunters all my life, I have yet to understand how someone can be so irresponsible hunting. No one in my family has accidentally shot someone, or been accidentally shot. When you are in "The Zone" in your tree stand and it's cold and windy, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU EVER SHOOT AT SOMETHING YOU CAN NOT IDENTIFY???? Why would you shoot into the bushes because it moved? There are hunter safety courses out there, and they are in place for a reason. In most states it is mandatory to take those classes if you are under a certain age, to even be able to obtain a hunting license. Last week, I had to take my new kitten to the vet and get his shots. While I was in the waiting room, a classy woman walks in and tells the lady at the front counter " I have 3 Labs and they got out of the fenced in area, when they come home, one had been shot. It is not vital, but we need to get her looked at." Now I am pretty sure this woman had collars on her dogs. How can a hunter shoot a dog? I know dogs have a reputation for running the deer, but you do not have to shoot them. What if it was your animal? What if it was your Dad? Or Bother? When you pick up your bow or shotgun or muzzelloader, please think about what you are shooting at. If you can not see it clearly or at all, DO NOT SHOOT. It is that simple. Besides, who wants a bad shot on an animal, then you have to track it for 100's of yards, then even if you find it. Try your best shot when shooting, you want the kill to be as humane as possible. Please take the time while you are out there to hunt properly.

2 comments:

Historical Wit said...

Hey I have seen guys from the city try to weigh in a mule they shot one year. A freakin mule.

Average Girl In Average World said...

Yes, they are out there, and are HUGE. Beautiful marking. I want one for my wall.....