CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sometimes Kids Get Sick

For the last 2 days, both my babies have been trying to fight off a cold. At 6 and 3 years old, I know they can take cold medicine and be fine. This morning, both were coughing and hacking, so I give my son - the 3 yr old some Mucinex cough med. AS SOON AS IT TOUCHED HIS LIPS----HE THREW UP. So I thought it was just the taste and texture of it that made him get sick. So we loaded up for Daycare. Almost to Daycare my son starts crying for no reason. He tells me he "got sick in his mouth". Well we get to Daycare (this is where daughter gets on bus, so we had to go), I put her on the bus, and he got sick ----all over daycare floor. Needless to say, I had to call out for work. You can not ask another person (grandmom, or aunt) to watch a kid that's sick with a contagious stomach bug. It just isn't right.

"THE STOMACH BUG IS OUT THERE, MY FRIENDS"

A friend of mine who is a RN at a pediatricians office told me it was making it's rounds. You can't give them anything to make it go away. It just has to work it's way out of the system.

In 2002, hubby was in the hospital for 3 days with it - after me forcing him to go b/c he had already been sick for 4 days. As soon as we got him there, I come down with it and developed a severe bladder infection also, all while I was 7 months pregnant with my son. So he was in a room and then they took me to the maternity ward. Talk about a mess. At that point, you have to ask for help from family members. Someone had to watch our daughter. Someone had to go in and disinfect our house. Someone had to let the dog out. Both our families were troopers. Everyone got sick. my mom, his mom, both my brothers, his Aunt, his nephews, his step mother, his father, my father, my great aunt, and everyone at Daycare. I vowed to never do that again!! Thankfully, we haven't got sick like that since. At least not all at the same time.

So all I can do for my poor sick baby is basically give him whatever he wants. Make him comfortable and try to keep him from crying (crying makes him get sick more). It makes you feel helpless when you can't fix a boo boo. I will give you an update later.....

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I am so sorry to hear about your little one. Hopefully he'll get through it quickly and start feeling better soon! And make sure you're taking your Vitamin C and doing your best to keep from catching it yourself!

Average Girl In Average World said...

Thank you. We all take a multi vitamin daily, but taking care of him, I am probably going to have a reaction to all the lysol & clorox cleanup!!!!!

We just got him potty trained 2 weeks ago, and now he has to sit in a pull up b/c he can't get to the bathroom fast enough. :(