CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Update On College

I failed the math exam. Missed a passing grade by 1 point. Now I have to take the full math course. It's ok though. By taking the full course I can master the math needed to do the job, which is a good thing (and so I can pass the state board exam). There were more people in the class then I expected - about 25. The professor is great, keeping things flowing and answering questions as needed, besides he is funny too.!

While I am at class on Tuesday & Thursday my wonderful husband is trying to hold the fort down. It's not that I don't trust him to take care of things, I do, he just does things a little different than me. He also lacks the cooking skills I have (ok he lacks ALL cooking skills) in turn the kids suffer...lol... So on my weekly journey to the grocery store Saturday, I picked up easy meals for him to make for the kids (and himself) on nights I am gone. Problem # 1 solved. Problem #2 - his cleaning methods. Anyone with kids reading this knows small kids make the biggest mess. He turns the "cleanliness blinders" on while I am gone. He always has and probably always will. No hope for problem #2, just wishes.

He was extremely anxious about me starting college. I think because he wasn't sure about himself and holding the fort down --ALONE. You see, it takes two people especially when both parties work full time and you have two kids. Below is our normal schedule:
I get off @ 5:00 - pick kids up
Get home @ 5:40
I start dinner
He helps daughter with homework (while I listen in and offer help when needed)
We eat
Kids get their baths ( we rotate bath duty)
I clean up kitchen
Hubby cleans up living room and empties trash cans
8:00 sharp kids in bed
Mommy & Daddy time until we fall out

When I am at college, he has to do everything from the time I would normally start dinner to kids bed time ALL BY HIMSELF. He is a little more lenient on the kids and that schedule than I am. Children thrive on routine, schedules, ect...

So far so good. When I get home the kids are are asleep, homework is done and the house is a wreck. I expected nothing less. It's all fine though, besides I have off every weekend so i can clean house then, right?

7 comments:

Michael M. said...

Just think of all the laughs your family will have when this is all over....and what a great opportunity for your hubby to build confidence with holding down the fort! The first time I took our infant out in public by myself, I was scared to death. It's a process for sure...

Average Girl In Average World said...

I am just happy that I picked a man that actually "wants" to participate and be supportive. I am thankful for him.

Two Date Diva said...

Sorry about the math test, but at least you have a great hubby whose helping out!

That's Elbert With An "E" said...

Sorry about the math test. I managed to test out of a math class at Del Tech a few years ago but I still can't tell you how it happened. It had to be supernatural intervention because my head was spinning while I was taking it. And math was once my strong subject. Go figure (no pun intended).

Average Girl In Average World said...

Thanks everyone!

TDD: yes, I am lucky to have him help out and I appreciate him for that.

Elbert: My head was spinning to, and I walked away with a migraine. I think I also scared the teacher when he told me I failed, I yelled "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING ME" I was yelling at myself.

1218Blog said...

Well that sucks about the math exam but I think everything happens for a reason.

Math Exam - Passing Grade + Math Course = Math Rockstar!

Average Girl In Average World said...

1218: I have been reading your blog (I got the link from Two Date Diva) and I love your writing style.

Yes, everything happens for a reason and I need to be a math rockstar!!!! Thanks for stopping by!
Average Girl