CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Are You A Member Of A Country Club?

I just completed my Country Club application. Received my referral signatures, and it looks like I am ready to turn it in.

The question is, once I get in, what the hell do I do? Etiquette wise? There are all sorts of functions going on, but do I wait for a formal invite? Or just go, once the announcement has been made, b/c is presumed every member is invited? I know I could ask the admissions person, but I don't want to sound like a HUGE idiot, atleast not to them. lol...

Activites they offer that I am interested in include: Golf, swimming pool, meals, children activities, blah, blah, blah,.......

The only reason I got the application and filled it out was b/c of my career choice. I have to look like I am somebody. Does that make sense? Networking, and making new friends - hip hip horray!!!! No not really. When I have a meeting with a client, I need a decent place to take them. In my area, there is not much to choose from.

So please, give me some advice on what I need to look forward to, and if you have had any experiences - good or bad, what were they?

4 comments:

Two Date Diva said...

I've never been a member but I;ve dated lots of guys who were. they used it for business networking a lot. Some clubs require you have so many meals there per month (or at least pay for them whether you eat or not). My thinking is that as long as you are taking part in activities that interest you, then you should meet new people pretty quickly who will probably be happy to give you the ins and outs so to speak. There will be cliques (there always are) but the activities should give you people to hang with and you'll find your own comfort zone in no time. Congrats!

Average Girl In Average World said...

There is a certain money amount you have to spend every quarter, that was listed on the application. Thanks for the insight about the cliques. Reminds me of High School (I shutter to think of it)!! but I have to play the game, by their rules to be sucessful..... Thanks again.

1218Blog said...

I wish I had some advice to offer you but I've never been a member of a country club, now that I think about it I don't even think I have ever been to a country club.:( Sorry I am no help. I'm sure you'll be lovely and you'll figure it out.

Average Girl In Average World said...

1218:
"I'm sure you'll be lovely"

I sure hope so....lol...

I feel like a redneck crashing a New york Wedding!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!

No really, thanks for the encouragement..