CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Good Question For Everyone


Most people do not get the opportunity to invest time or even work in a field that most excites them. The average person ends up doing what society expects them to do as far as careers or your life path (marriage, babies, divorce, ect..)


If you were given all the resources in the world and money didn't matter, what would you be doing? Would you change careers, husbands, where you live? Would you even know WHAT you wanted to do or become?


This should get interesting..........
EDITED: What I mean by resources, and money not being an issue is..... if education was free, and everyone was encouraged to do what they feel they were put here to do... your dream job, what are you passionate about? What is a secret skill or wish you have, relating to this? Sorry if I was confusing.... :(

7 comments:

Michael M. said...

AG/AW: I don't think the average person is as oppressed by society as you suggest.

Most folks work for the steady income and as a means to meet their responsibilities (which in itself is fulfilling), not because society makes them.

In a fantasy world of no responsibilties, most would jet set around the world, etc. but not because we detested our former life, but rather because we were free from our responsibilties.

Good Gandhi quote by the way... :)

Average Girl In Average World said...

Michael:
I edited my post to clarify what I was getting at. I hope I clarified it anyway...

Two Date Diva said...

I would pursue writing as a full time occupation. Even though I get to write some for my job (grants and such) I would really rather be an author. I have been kicking around ideas for a book, and it's not the money that stops me it is the fear!

Average Girl In Average World said...

Diva,
Is it fear of failure or fear of sucess?

Two Date Diva said...

Damn! Good question! I'm not sure. Maybe a bit of both really. You know once you put it out there, then it's REALLY there. Deciding to start a blog and let the world in on my inner most thoughts was a difficult decision. Actually publishing a book for the whole world to critique seems very daunting to me.

Average Girl In Average World said...

You are great at blogging!!!! Fear will hold you down if you let it. Just remember you can please some people, some of the time, but you will never please ALL the people, ALL the time. Keep blogging and get that book in motion. :)

Anonymous said...

A really great book for two date diva would be Write Is A Verb, by Bill O'Hanlon. It got me writing again.

JD