CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day (belated) to all the Mothers out there. What did your Mother's Day consist of? Anything? Or nothing at all? Was it great? Or spent in bed?

I'll go first..... It was great, just the kids and me all day (until 5 or so).
I received my first piece of Vera Wang clothing. Interesting......
I cooked and ate asparagus for the first time - and loved it. Yes I cooked. DO NOT EVEN THINK OF TAKING ME OUT TO DINNER ON A HOLIDAY. My home cooked menu consisted of... Ribeye steak - cooked perfect, Red Skin Mashed Potatoes - whipped ever so lightly and Asparagus in a cheese and bacon sauce....delicious.

Kids were especially happy and well behaved all day.

Hubby loves Hallmark. Hallmark cards do it for me. So....I did hubby...ROFLMAO!!!

6 comments:

Two Date Diva said...

I took California Mom down to the coast for some real Florida seafood and a margarita.

Average Girl In Average World said...

That sounds nice :)

Anonymous said...

I had my daughter and her family my mother and siblings, my inlaws over for dinner. It seems i always fix holiday dinners (which i dont mind) but i would really like it to be about me sometime!!!


Signed: Feeling sorry for myself!
Ps got really nice gifts from my children!

Average Girl In Average World said...

FSFM:
Since I am the "Host" for all Holidays also, now that I have a big enough home, I enjoy it. No need to make my Mom or hubby's Mom cook.

And Mothers Day was all about you, your cooking!!!! Just kidding.....

Anonymous said...

On the Saturday we went to my parents and ordered pizza. I got her a card and some flowers.

On Sunday my wife slept in while I cleaned the house. Then her family came over for dinner and I BBQd.

The only crappy part was that I was in such a rush getting all the stuff from the grocery store that I didn't realize the flowers I had bought for her were half dead.

Do'h!

RUS

Average Girl In Average World said...

nice job RUS!!!!!!!