CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 65 - No Smoking

Go me, it's my birfday. Just kidding about the birfday part - but yes...Go me!!

65 days and counting. My mind still plays tricks on me every once in a while. For a second I will have a moment "Self, after you eat this meal - you need to smoke" or "Self, you need to calm down and go smoke" NO NO NO as Amy Winehouse would say.. that's another post.

Anyways...

I have recommended the Chantix to everyone I have heard complain about their own smoking. Most people blow me off, but if they only knew how effective this drug is, then maybe they would listen. But then again, maybe they are not all that serious about quitting to begin with.

3 comments:

Mizfitz59@msn.com said...

Hey Average Girl - first time visitor. I got your link from your post on Kim's blog, the Darwin Exception. She is the bomb.

Congrats on the no smoking. I too did the Chantix as I consider myself a professional smoker with 37 years of smoking and up to 2 and a half packs a day. I am only 49. Smoked regularly since 11 years old.

I am currently 148 days without a butt. Couldn't do the whole program with Chantix as it started to fuck with my brain and was making me doubt myself about everything - which is not the very strong minded me.

If you haven't yet - go to www.quitnet.com and sign up. They have a better stat system than the Chantex support group. It's free although they have a gold membership for money, but anyway, fill in the blanks and they will email you your daily stats with the following information - here is mine from a few days ago: Quit date 2/1/08 1am. Time smoke free: 146 days, 5 hours, 53 min and 52 seconds. cigarettes not smoked: 8043 (can you believe that shit!!!) lifetime saved: 2 months, 1 day, 10 hours. Money saved $1,067.99. With the money saved, I put a new floor down in my kitchen.

There is a lot of support at this site. Hang in there. If you want to talk Chantex side effects email me at Mizfitz59@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I'm smoking the electronic cigarette.

Here's a website you can learn a lot.
Congrats on quiting.
That's hard to do.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/phpBB3/

Average Girl In Average World said...

Thank you both for the helpful information.

Mizfitz - welcome and I hope you return!!