CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

How Do You Like Your Eggs?



I understand this topic may be touchy for some of you, but I am going here anyway...

In the news today I was reading about how women are selling their reproductive eggs. Yes, their eggs. They say the process takes about 3 weeks (that's prepping your body with vitamins, ect...)and you can get around $7,000 for selling your eggs. Your side effects are like that of PMS. Is it controversial? Yes. Why? Because everyone wants to decide what the hell to do with everyone else's body.

I am a healthy 26 year old woman. I have had 2 children *heathens*. Endured a tubal litigation, so therefore plan to NEVER have anymore children. Now, my body was born with all the eggs I was ever going to get. As a woman, your body does not keep reproducing more eggs, what you have today - will be even less tomorrow. Also, all the women on my maternal side have been through menopause WAY EARLY in life.

With all that being said, if I could find a hospital or clinic close enough that did this sort of thing - sadly enough I would whore my eggs out to pay bills off. Which is why this type of thing is becoming so popular to begin with. The economy is causing people to take extreme measures to make ends meet. Also, college girls are doing to pay off their student loans, ect...

My question to you is, If you had the option to whore your eggs out, would you? And why?

8 comments:

adventure grrl said...

My aunt is in the repro biz and she is constantly trying to get my eggs from me! I always say no because I have this weird fear of my "kids" coming to find me in 20 years! Because I don't want to have kids, I would vote no on this. But I can someone who loves kids and wants to give that gift to someone doing it.

That said, you should be able to get $10,000 or more.

Average Girl In Average World said...

@Adven....

The doctors should have identity protection measures in place like they do for their male donors.

I understand your position, and respect it. Thanks for the imput.

Anonymous said...

Where is this procedure dont? My red light is on!!! LOL!!!!

Average Girl In Average World said...

Do you mean, Where - what state, city, do they perform it? I don't know. Or if you mean where as in location of your body do they extract the eggs? My guess is the abdominal area?

Anonymous said...

Where-what state, city? Im there!lol

Average Girl In Average World said...

LOL...

justmylife said...

I think I might could do it to pay off bills. As long as no children came looking for me, I have enough already! heh!!

Two Date Diva said...

My eggs are probably a bit too old now (35), but I might consider it I was really in debt.