Thursday, August 28, 2008
Blogtations is having a 500th party!
Go visit http://www.blogtations.typepad.com/ you will love it! Maybe even become an addict.
You have to post your favorite quote from their blog and then link to the blogger who originally posted it, then sign up on Blogtations site to participate.
My favorite quote::::
Why do I have a butter knife in my hand? Hmm, it has mayo on it, I must have been making a sandwich. But wait, why am I standing in the bathroom? Wait, I don't even have any lunch meat. And, where are my pants?
I haven't slept much lately. Is it obvious?
This quote has come from none other than Brittany over at http://www.barefootfoodie.com/
Brittany is one of the funniest, most honest bloggers I know.
So go visit Brittany, go visit Blogtations, and I encourage you to participate in the fun!!
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 6:32 AM
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 8:36 AM
Monday, August 25, 2008
Okay People's...I'm back.
I want to thank all of you for the well wishes for the vacation, and for commenting on the horde of posts I left before hand.
Not as exhausted as I thought I would be.
Not as much crap piled up when I returned to work this morning.
School started this morning for my girl. Going to 1st grade!! Life is good for her, new clothes, new haircut, new book bag, new teacher, new friends........she was all excited standing out there waiting for the bus with her friends. "Okay Mom, you can stop taking my picture" so I walked away for a minute.....*cried* *sniffle, sniffle*
There are a couple things I want to touch base on:
1. Worst blogger of the year award - as some of you know, Mr. Boston himself came here, read the post (only after being told by a friend) and commented, saying I was lame. Guess what? I have been told worse by better. Who cares, you obviously thought I was lame anyways because you ignored me!!! He even blogged about it. I wouldn't. I would tell no one about that winning that award. And yes, Mr. Boston, I have my own issues as you stated. Was it a struggle to write about my rape? No. I was obviously ready, or I would have not said a thing. My writing style is not perfect (I did not go to college to write, nor am I looking for a book deal by blogging), my people have issues, I write about alot of different subjects, and I am searching for my self here. If people do not like what/how I write - DON'T VISIT. PERIOD. This blog is for me. To have someone/something to hold myself accountable for my actions/goals/ect... Like I said before, blogging is free therapy. I know for a fact though Mr. Boston, you will NEVER ignore another commenter on your site again. As for my other visitors/commenter's, don't worry about me EVER doing that again. I will NEVER comment like that and get rejected and keep commenting, I will just go away. But most of you are soo great, I'll never leave....NEVAH!!!!!!!! HAHAHHAHAHA
2. Obama has picked his running mate.....Sen. Biden from Delaware - my home state!!! Way to go!!! Biden is still running for his Senate position in the event Obama does not get the big win. IF, Obama does win the race, Biden will have to be replaced in Senate, in which that person will be appointed by Governor Minner. Biden replacements could be his son Beau Biden, Jack Markell or a few others. This will be interesting. I believe Gov. Minner will appoint his son, Beau Biden to fill his Fathers shoes.
3. Gosh I missed you all!!!! I am glad to be back!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 7:18 AM
Friday, August 15, 2008
I am on vacation all next week, so unfortunately I will not be posting. My computer at home is still broken so I have been using company time to feed my blog addiction. It's all good.
Maybe I can find a computer somewhere, that someone will let me use......
Please don't get mad at me for not resonding to any comments over the next week ;)
Miss ya'll already
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 1:09 PM
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 10:17 AM
I am...too hard on others
I think...people make their own destiny I know...
I can do anything I put my mind and energy to.
I have... the best family.
I wish... for my children to have a long, healthy and happy life.
I miss...my best friend
I fear…something will happen to one of my children
I smell... my perfume
I search...for peace
I wonder...how my career will take off
I regret...high school
I love...my family
I care...about everyone
I always... procrastinate.
I am not...going to be like my mother
I believe...in Karma
I dance...when I’ve had a few too many
I sing...unbelievably well, but only in the car.
I don't always...shave my legs
I write... what I feel.
I win...2nd place at everything, never 1st place
I lose...self control when I PMS
I never...ignore anyone
I listen... to everything whether it pertains to me or not…..I’m nosey
I can usually be found...at home
I'm scared of...life
I read…psychology textbooks without taking the courses, I am fascinated with understanding people
I forget...something everyday
I just...burped diet pepsi out of my nose and it burnt like crazy. lol
I am happy about...starting vacation in 8 hours!!!
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 6:57 AM
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 6:46 AM
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 8:21 AM
Monday, August 11, 2008
If a loyal visitor to your blog comments, frequently, on topic, FUCKING ACKNOWLEDGE THEY HAVE BEEN THERE. DO NOT FUCKING IGNORE YOUR VISITORS OR COMMENTER'S, THEY WILL GET TIRED OF NEVER BEING REPLIED TO.
This is a major pet peeve of mine (one of my many). Even those bloggers who have hundreds of visitors a day, and many commenter's PER BLOG ENTRY, they still acknowledge ALL their commenter's. Why? Because without them, you do not have a blog. PERIOD. So my point is, even if the bigger bloggers can seem to find time to do it, then surely the little one can too. And you know who you are. DON'T FUCKING IGNORE ME ANYMORE.
I try to acknowledge every one who comments on my blog here. If I miss one, I am sorry. But I do not repeatedly ignore a person. See why I have a fucking complex?????
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 7:32 AM
Friday, August 8, 2008
1. I have PMS
2. My body decided it didn't like the antibiotics my Dr. give me, so it got pissed off and made me go home half day yesterday. Nothing like some good 'ole explosive diarear....
3. I lost 1/2 day pay
4. Who are all these kids? And why do they keep calling me Mom?
5. My kitchen is a wreck
6. I need new running shoes, but am unwilling to pay $120.00 for them - where's the damn sale at????
7. On Saturday we have 2 (kid) birthday parties and racing to tend too, happy, happy joy joy.
8. I am bound and determined to make a birdhouse - without smashing my thumb
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 6:43 AM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 7:41 AM
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 10:40 AM
Monday, August 4, 2008
I found one of the funniest women in blogging and wanted to share her and her recipes. Her name is Musing of a Barefoot Foodie. You can find her here: www.barefootfoodie.com
There was one recipe I was determined to try. A different take on the orig. corn on the cob. I have shared a picture of my son enjoying it. So.....go check her out, and......try the recipe, it's delicious!!!!!
Friday, August 1, 2008
I have been accumulating these for some time......enjoy
AG: Hunny, I was thinking about cutting our sons hair into a Mohawk.
AG: Why? I saw this little boy at the beach, he was the same age and had one. It was soooooo cute and dyed blue.
Hubby: No Mohawk, no blue hair. Why can't you just want normal things for our children?
AG: Their father isn't normal, so why try to fix things now?
Hubby: You know, I was talking to "James" the other day about you.
AG: What have I told you about telling people about our sex life?
Hubby: "James" was telling me how hot he thought you were when he first met you. He told me he was hoping you were my sister so he could hit on you.
AG: Doesn't that make you wonder what kind of friend is he?
Hubby: Oh no, he's cool. But anyways, he said your not the same. And you know, I agreed with him. I told him how most people say I took a completely submissive, young beautiful girl and turned her into a raging bitch.
AG: You actually called me a raging bitch? TO YOUR FRIEND?
Hubby: Not like that. Plus he laughed and pointed at me while saying, now she takes all your money and give orders like a drill Sergeant. I think at one point he may have even called me a bitch.
AG: Good. Bitch. Now give me some money, Momma needs some new shoes.
AG: Why do you insist on leaving all your magazines laying around?
Hubby: At least I read.
AG: Is that the best you got there Mr. Buckmaster with a moped?
Hubby: That's it, I'm going to bed.
(this took place after Hubby put me on flip flop restriction - as in I am not allowed to buy anymore for the rest of the season. For me or our daughter, boo:( )
AG: Hunny, you know, you have reaaalllly great looking feet. No calluses, no bunions, no yellow toenails. Your feet are nice shaped and clean. I think you would look great in some flip flops. maybe even sexy.
Hubby: Look woman, I am 34 years old and I haven't wore flip flops for last 33.5 years and no one can make me now.
AG: Even if I bribe you with some love?
Hubby: I don't know, it depends on if you want me to wear them to bed.
AG: Even better
Hubby: Oh shit, what did I just get myself into. (as he watches me grab my purse and head out the door to buy his flip flops)
Hubby: Are you ever going to wash clothes?
AG: I wash a load everyday, then on weekends I try to catch up.
Hubby: Well, I need work pants.
AG: Didn't you know that last night? You know, that you were going to work this morning?
Hubby: Your a smart ass.
AG: Well babe, you can't complain about things not getting done if you don't help. I have not been fortunate enough to stay home. I have to work 40 hours week like you.
Hubby: Oh no, not like me. I work outside in the heat, or the freezing cold, every weekend, holiday and any other time "the man" says I have to.
AG: Hey Mr. Sensitive, it's not my fault you chose the line of work you did.
Hubby: (looking up) Lord, what could I have possibly done to deserve such a wonderful wife?
AG: Just by being your sweet self, and for being an asshole all those years before you met me!!!