CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Normalcy

What in the hell is it?
Does anyone feel like they have a great family and have no issues with them? By family I mean your mom, dad, siblings, ect... NOT your hubby, kids, ect...


As I have written about on here before, I am the black sheep of my family. Or so I thought. I have been trying to pull away from them slowly, but I keep getting sucked back in. That sucks.

Not this time though. I have done everything I can to support my parents by being a loving daughter and lending a shoulder, an ear, only to get pissed on....again. I have tried to be the loyal sister to stand by her injured brother in a terrible time. Only to get pissed on...again. I am fucking done people. By done, I mean, done with the emotional and verbal abuse. I am done with being the outsider. I am done with all of them completely dismissing my parenting requests pertaining to my own children. I am done with the constant complaints, but never doing anything to change the situation. I am done with the lying. I am done with the covering up. I am done with the scheming. I am D.O.N.E.


Hardcore like a sex tape I know. But, it is what it is. No sugar on top. This is raw emotion. This is why I call my blog therapy. Tis the only way to save my own sanity. As my hubby says "This is out little world over here, here you are safe"

All contact has been shut down, all numbers have been deleted and blocked, all Myspace profiles have been deleted and blocked, no trespassing signs are in place and I already had to tell one person they will get a restraining order against them if they don't stop...Yeah, it's that bad.

No I am not a drama queen, I hate drama, that's why I am doing what I am doing. My kids don't need this shit. I can compare it to breaking the cycle of child abuse. In a way it is child abuse, against me and my kids.

So please, if you want to comment something encouraging, go for it. I need all the love I can get at this point.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Girl, I totally feel your pain, it's been a rough several years for me on the family front and I have been so much happier and less stressed since I've just cut it all off. Stick with friends, they're the family you choose!

Average Girl In Average World said...

Thanks Laura! I like your thinking!

Brian Shields said...

That sucks. Family can be a beeyotch to deal with, Lord knows I've had my share from all three sides (see, it's complicated), but when the manure hits the fan, there should be noone better to turn to than family.

If they don't though, then ax 'em from your life and be done with it. Noone needs leeches.

Two Date Diva said...

Having been in a similar situation with family, I can honestly say, you have to do what is right for you. The guilt will come, but remind yourself that you deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. I am the self proclaimed queen of detaching and it's never easy but you gotta do what you gotta do. Be strong and and hang in there. It does get easier.

Two Date Diva said...

>>>>"Hardcore like a sex tape"<<<<

This made me giggle out loud. I am so using this phrase in a conversation this week, if it kills me.

Average Girl In Average World said...

@Brian - your right, no one needs leeches, family or not.

@Diva - "I am the self proclaimed queen of detaching and it's never easy but you gotta do what you gotta do." You are my sista from anotha motha...lol....

I thought the sex tape quote was pretty awesome if I do say so myself!!!

Brittany said...

Ugh, I feel you. My in laws are anocean of drama, and honestly, cutting outselves off from them has done wonders, as now, they are realizing why we have gone, and are trying to come back into our lives, only this time, they have to do it on our terms.

Average Girl In Average World said...

@Brittany - It is nice to know I am not the only one who is struggling with this. Thanks for opening up!

litanyofbritt said...

okay my family is like the white trashiest EVER! seriously i havce played whos-family-is-the-most-white-trash, (second in fun only to guess-whats-in-my-purse),and won. and i have cut ties with certain family members who have made me wish to stick a fork in my eye repeatedly.

oh, p.s. if you happen to see my mom's blog-she is the anti-white trashiest person ever. the exception really. black treasure?

Average Girl In Average World said...

@litanyofbritt - they have a game? If so, I would be the champ ;( boo.....


thanks for visiting!