CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthdays Are A Coming

The month of October brings along 2 very special birthdays for me.

Sunday, October 12 is my Daughters 7th birthday. 7 YEARS OLD!?!?!? WOW, time is flying. I remember her being so small, when her Dad would hold her, she would fit perfectly between his wrist and his elbow. She never cried as a baby. Potty training took one day (yes, that's the truth). 7 years later she is in 1st grade, talking about bras, racing go-karts like a champ and getting excellent grades in school. So... in honor of her birthday, we are a having a rather large party at my house this weekend. Somewhere around 16 kids, ages 6 months - 10 years old will be in attendance. The theme? Halloween! No costumes allowed, but we are decorating pumpkins. Not cutting, that would be a homeowner insurance nightmare, just decorating. We are traveling to the woods behind out house this week to gather supplies: sticks, acorns, leaves, nuts, pine needles, anything that looks like it could come in handy. I already have some stick on foam shape thingy's, glue, feathers, yada yada...... The cake is shaped like a pumpkin, which the Daughter was actually excited about. So we will see how it goes. Has anyone else noticed how people do not RSVP anymore? They just kinda show up or not??? Oh well...

The next birthday this month belongs to my wonderful hubby. October 16 he will turn 35. That number makes me feel so, so, so, young (I am 26). I am sure his Mother has some baby stories to tell, but I am not his Mother, so I don't know the stories. Oh well... Hubby has been a wonderful husband and father and that's what matters most to me. We have been together for 9 years (yes, do the math, I was 17). We have "Our own little world" as we call it, and it's nice. He works 6+ days a week, just about every weekend and holiday, but not his birthday. In fact, I have even taken the whole day off, which he does not know about yet. Kids will be at school and pre-school, and I will be.....giving Hubby his birthday present ;)


I love birthdays! Pictures of Daughters party will be posted next week.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

happy early birthday to those you love.

35 IS old ;)

Average Girl In Average World said...

@Stacie - Thanks!