Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
For those of you that follow my every move on Twitter (and for those of you who do not - please look to my right sidebar) heard a family secret get exposed recently.
Family should be transparent - like Obama's Government goal. Now, those of you loyal visitors that have taken the time to bore yourself to death with reading my post about being a black sheep of the family, you know what I am about to tell you just validates those feelings. For those of you not familiar - you can play catch up here .
I just found out my first cousin is really my Half Sister! Our fathers are brothers, and when my Mom & Dad split up, so did my Uncle and his Wife. Needless to say - my father boned his Sister in Law - then went back to my Mom. Well, 2 months later - My Mom and "The SIL" are BOTH pregnant. YEAH. Every adult involved - My parents - my Aunt and Uncle all agreed to let things be, and just raise the kids as their own.
Things ALWAYS find a way to come out. So, my brother - the one who was involved in the accident, and my cousin are 1 month apart. Kinda like my brother and his 2 youngest kids. All I can say is he gets it honest. But anywho...... my cousin/half sister's "father" (my uncle) passed away last year and now she wants to know if we are in fact sisters. She claims she has knew since she was 10 or 11, but never said anything. I would like to know. We talked and I offered to pay for half the cost of a DNA test. Not really sure what she thinks because she has yet to email me back. So...more to come on "My Screwed Up Life & I'm Not Even A Celebrity"
Finally mastered Beef and Dumplings. I tried my hand at chicken and dumplings earlier in the week and since it went well, Beef and dumplings become the latest victim last night - YUMMMMM
Since taking over as President of my DD's school PTO, I realize something........ some people have ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS volunteering. Don't just volunteer to help, FINISH the DAMN assignment, volunteer well, GIT-R-DONE. Do not drop off the face of the earth when you have volunteered to chair or co-chair an activity. Hold yourself accountable, be an example for your child. Something I need answered. In a school with over 500 students, and over 100 faculty - why on earth is there only 10 parents and 2 teachers showing up to meetings? Do the math on those percentages. I am embarrassed.
FINALLY got my computer at home fixed. A wonderful, local blogger and tech savvy gentleman come to my home on Saturday, and helped save my sanity. Please go visit him here . Thank you ELBERT!!!!!!
HAPPY MONDAY PEEPS!!!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
I got tagged!!! The loverly Sassy got me. Go over and give her some love at www.thelifeofsass.blogspot.com
I am pathetic, can someone PLEASE show me some cool tricks on here?
As with all memes, there are of course rules. I'll just copy and paste here
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Ick…..6 Things about me…..Ick again…
1. I self sabotage pretty much everything I try to do. Example: I will say “Self, we are going to get back on this health food wagon”. Then, I go straight to McDonald's and order a 2 cheeseburger combo – LARGE with fries and a LARGE Sweet tea with lemon and I EAT.IT.ALL. Another example – I will say “Self, we had a good month with the bills, so let’s put some money in the saving account”. Then, I go to my local Wal-Mart and but a bunch of stupid shit I had no business buying in the first place. Self sabotage – I know I do it, but I cannot stop.
2. Sometimes when I read other Mommy blogs and hear about how they are able to stay home with their kids all day and I get to hear about all things they did all day (things my daycare mom is doing with my kids – but not me) then I get jealous. My Dood is self-employed and makes some good money, but not enough where I would be able to stay home. Even if he did, I don’t think I have the patience to be there ALL DAY, with the kids ALL DAY. Work is my escape and I feel like shit now that I wrote that down.
3. I am obsessed with Perez Hilton.
4. I have NO interest in Twilight or Harry Potter or Anything Sci-Fi. I gag thinking about it. Hate me if you will, but I am being honest.
5. I fully believe in NOT sheltering your child from everyday life. I do not want my kids to grow up in a bubble or LaLa Land thinking bad things never happen, ect. This is a hard one articulate but I am going to try. I want my kids to have common sense, I want them to NOT get culture shock when they head out into the real world. Parents can try all they want by not cussing, or no TV at home or whatever, but, when you get in your car and go down the road, the person in the vehicle next to you may have a porno on in their DVD player, or when you go to the grocery store someone may be in there throwing the word FUCK around like it’s nobody’s business. You cannot control that and I want my kids to be prepared for REAL LIFE.
6. You know that website about overused punctuations? I should be their poster child. Yes cyberpeeps, I know I use !!!! or …… or ?!?!?!?!?! WAYYYYYY too much. But I LIKE IT!!!
Alrighty then, now that I feel like worst mother of the year, I am going to tag some of my peeps. Here they go:
www.cancideandco.blogspot.com – this is one FUNNY beotch, go visit her if you already haven’t.
www.momisodes.com – wonderful blogger and sweet as pecan pie
www.wootershome.blogspot.com – this is a woman who is talented (more than she realizes) and has some FANTASTIC craft projects she has been doing.
www.twodatediva.blogspot.com – she was my first blogger friend and she inspires me with her upbeat personality, and the Pollyanna/Breanna thing we have going…..
www.talledega.blogspot.com – Ms. M. she does beautiful photography and beautiful quilts and is honest in her writing.
www.theneatos.wordpress.com – I thought I pissed her off right before summer because she disappeared for a while, only to return with a vengeance.
Thanks again to Sass for tagging me. Now, go visit her and all the other loverly people I tagged.
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 6:07 AM
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 1:28 PM
Monday, January 19, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
For more A Thousand Words Thursday - visit www.cheaperthantherapyjen.blogspot.com Say Hi - and comment. She is wonderful and very talented.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Is it really possible to play Rockband soo much that you get carpal tunnel? Cause my hands go numb and I get a weird feeling in my wrist after maybe 15 minutes or so of playing guitar. OK, maybe it comes from a desk job.
We basically re-arranged the whole house (kitchen cupboards included) this weekend. After living there for 2 years, we needed a change.
My home is going to be the meeting place tonight for "Taco Night". Can't wait to see hubby's face when he sees the tacos. LOL.....He is such a food snob.
I bought a Bible this weekend. Kind of a big deal since it is the FIRST to enter my home. I also made a delicious cover for it (pics to come). Don't judge.
My creative juices are a flowing so I am taking advantage of it this week as much as possible. I will try to post pics for proof that I can sew something :)
Can the snow pleeeeeeeeaaaasssee come this way? My daughter is going crazy watching the news and seeing everyone else getting it, but us. Boo Mr. Weatherman.
Today when I got in the office and checked my email there was a message from a friend. She lost her baby. She was 17 weeks and just last week they had to stitch her cervix closed and put her on bed rest. Been diagnosed with pcos right before she got pregnant, they told her she had 10% chance at conceiving. So this was a miracle baby. RIP little buddy. Rest in Peace. I want to fly out to her right now and hug her. I want to tell her how I know what she is going through. I want to tell her it will be alright, one day. I want to, but I can't. That makes me feel worse about the whole thing.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 6:10 AM
Monday, January 5, 2009
Yes, I know I am late. Like the picture? Does it make your mouth water? That was taken in the beginning of the night on New Years Eve. In total there was 6 Miller Lites, 6 - jello shots, 1 glass of champagne and 1 large Margarita ingested by your very own Average Girl. Did I throw up? No. Am I surprised? Yes. LOL....
My daughter got to experience the whole ball dropping, champagne toasting tribute. I am a horrible mother - I let her sip my champagne - for the record she hated it.
The son passed out (not from champagne) he can't stay awake very long after bedtime. I still kissed his cheek when the countdown was over.
So....let's get on with 2009 shall we?
Posted by Average Girl In Average World at 8:47 AM