CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Little Love Can Make Things Grow











The veggies are all planted and making their debut this week. Sorry for the poor picture quality, but still haven't got that great offer from Nikon yet.....








What I have planted:




1. Beefsteak Tomatoes




2. Cherry Tomatoes




3. Squash




4. Zucchini




5. Straight 8 Cucumbers




6. Green Beans




7. Sweet Corn




8. Watermelon








Our very own little farmers garden. Total amount spent:








1. Seeds - $5.00 (they were 3 for a dollar)




2. 3- seed starting pot sets (each holds 72) $4.00 each




3. Bag of soil - $3.50




Total: $20.50



Seeds were planted 2/25/2009 and the final picture was taken this morning.




Now it just takes my time and effort to make them edible. We plan on freezing or canning what we can, and the rest is going to be given away or sold. Times are tight, but we will eat!! LOL...

5 comments:

Stacie said...

yay!!! I love gardens.

Samsmama said...

Good for you! I can't keep a houseplant alive.

theneatos said...

adorable garden! Your seedlings took off quickly too. I should really document mine, because the pumpkin? Got freaking huge overnight.

Good luck, er bon appetit!

ModernMom said...

New here..hope you like comments! Love your posts and the idea of a garden, but don'tknow how I would handle the ever growing rabbit population in my backyard. One day bunnies will rule the world!

Mel Fraase said...

Great idea! I'd love to do the same, but it's so cold around here they'd be half grown before I could transplant them outside!!